Frequently Asked Questions
This page of the CarbaCap website is dedicated in helping customers resolve most common issues. Look over our frequently asked questions. We also recommend thoroughly reviewing the instructions. Most of the problems arise from deviation of the standard instructions. If you still have issues please feel free to contact us. We are in the process of adding a standard instructional video and we will post it here soon. You can send us a email regarding warranty or any other issues to info@CarbaCap.com.
Online Frequently Asked Questions
 My CarbaCap seems to go on crooked for some reason?
There are many other preform PET bottle shapes. The non-standard preform 3025 and 2925 are meant for the non-carbonated water, sports drinks and juice market. These non-standard PET bottles are not meant for holding pressurized liquids and therefore use less plastic in the preform. CarbaCap users should avoid attempting to use this type of non-standard PET bottle. Recently a variation of the 1881 preform has been introduced to the market as an economy PET bottle. This economy preform has a slightly smaller 20.5mm opening and shorter neck area to decrease shipping weight. Although the threaded portion of the CarbaCap fits the economy 1881 preform, the gas retaining wall (GRW) inside the CarbaCap cannot seat properly within the smaller opening. Over time this will damage the CarbaCaps GRW and will cause failure. Users may attempt to over-tighten the CarbaCap to force the GRW to fit in this small opening. Either the CarbaCap or the non-standard/economy PET bottle will fail to obtain a gas-tight seal. Do not attempt to use non-standard or economy PET bottles with the CarbaCap.
- Place the CarbaCap on top of the PET bottle threading.
- Lightly press down on the CarbaCap body and turn it counterclockwise. Listening closely for a slight click. This sound and thump feeling is the first threading matching the reciprocal threading. The cap will also move down towards the PET bottle threats slightly.
- Slowly and evenly turned the CarbaCap clockwise keeping the cap level.
 My injector will not lock down on the CarbaCap anymore?
- Sanitation - It's not necessary to have the injector locked down on the CarbaCap. Please refer to the instructions card and here on our website. Leaving the injector connected will cause liquids and averages to flow freely into the injector and up the CO2 hose. This liquid and moisture (water) is a perfect breeding ground for bacteria and mold. Many homebrewer's mistakenly believe that the CO2 will keep this from occurring. There are numerous harmful bacteria's and mold who prefer a CO2 enriched environment to grow. If this has occurred you will need to either replace the equipment or meticulously take apart sanitize and clean it before you can use it again.
- Procedure - The CarbaCap carbonation system is specifically designed to allow the injection of small portions of CO2 into the bottle and the injector removed prior to the CO2 being incorporated (shaking or agitation). When the first CO2 is introduced it's done at a negative container pressure. This allows the container to not work in reverse shooting liquids up into the injector and hose. After this initial injection of CO2 the injector is removed. The CO2 is then incorporated into the liquid and the container is at a much lower pressure than the inbound injection pressure. This allows the user to make multiple injections always at a higher pressure than the receiving container. (Review Instructions!)
 Is there a missing O-ring inside just pass the threaded area of the CarbaCap?
 Will I need additional equipment to use the CarbaCap?
- CO2 Cylinder (Filled)
- Regulator with gauge(s)
- Gas line hose with clamps
- Gray gas coupler (Cornelius/Ball lock)
- New or used carbonated beverage Standard PET Bottle (PCO 1810/1881 threading with 22mm opening)
 My CarbaCap is making a lot of hissing noise?
 Can I use a black liquid out connector with the CarbaCap?
 Are there BPA-Free containers available for use with the CarbaCap?
 My ball-lock injector will not pass gas through the CarbaCap?
- Attach the coupler to the CarbaCap without anything attached (PET bottle, gas lines, etc.).
- Gently blow air into the bottom of the CarbaCap.
- Notice if air passes freely through the CarbaCap and exits coupler's hose connection.
If you've noticed that air is passing through the CarbaCap and coupler, the equipment is working properly. If no gas passes from the CarbaCap through the coupler then there is an issue with the coupler valve stem. This could be caused by three known issues.
Issue #1: The valve stem of the coupler is not long enough to properly engage the CarbaCap's pen in spring system opening gas flow. This type of coupler also has difficulties in connecting with standard Cornelius keg ball lock systems.
Issue #2: The valve stem and spring are jammed closed. Keeping the internals of this coupler clean is essential for the valve stem to move properly. Couplers are easily disassembled for cleaning by the top relief screw. A simple cleaning of the valve stem and spring could solve the issue.
Issue #3: The operating inbound gas pressure in addition to the valve stem spring pressure is higher than the spring pressure on the CarbaCap. The CarbaCap's pen and spring are specifically designed for a standard amount pressure. Exceeding the operating pressure on inbound gas can cause the coupler (not the CarbaCap) to seize-closed, requiring additional excess pressure to open on the couplers valve stem. Decreasing the inbound pressure will allow the coupler to open naturally.
If you determine that the failure is the CarbaCap itself, it is under replacement warranty. Follow the link for details on warranty issues. We also recommend a thorough read through of the instruction sheet. It has been our experience that this will solve most problems.
 What type of soda bottle is best to use with the CarbaCap?
The CarbaCap threads are specifically designed for the standard soda PET bottle. PET bottle preforms (blanks) are molded with specific standard threads. The preforms are sold in bulk to companies that heat the bottom of the preform and inflate them into 1 or 2 liter bottle shapes. This can be made many different shapes and colors however the PET bottle preform threading is the same. The CarbaCap should fit tightly and snug on any standard soda PET bottle threading. Also remember to replace/recycle the PET bottle often as they can be come worn and unsuitable.
Here is a list of containers that the CarbaCap will not work on or should not be used on.
- Non-carbonated Water Bottles (Not designed for holding pressure.)
- Glass Bottles of Any Kind!
- Non-standard PET Bottles (Larger or smaller threading & opening.)
- Cleaning or Chemical Bottles
- Non-standard threading PET bottles (PCO 3025 or 2925)
More Technical Information
 Does the carbon dioxide (CO2) need to be kept cold as well?
 Are the CarbaCap and the Carbonater the exact same product?
- Liquid Bread® Inc. can be contacted by follow this link from sunbiz.org
 My retailer doesn't sell CarbaCap. How do I get one?
 I have noticed small indentations or grooves on the top of my CarbaCap?
 A part has protruded from the bottom of my CarbaCap?
 Is the CarbaCap dishwasher safe?
 What is the difference between a the metal cap and CarbaCap?
- Built in safety release cap to prevent dangerous over pressurization.
- Hexagon form factor for better grip on tightening and uncapping.
- Manufacturer’s support and customer service.
- Completely manufactured in the United States by Americans.
- Custom-made surgical stainless steel interior pin for sanitary use.
- K-Resin® body for sanitary food grade usage.
- Stainless steel “Goldilocks” spring to maintain proper pin pressure.
- Limited possible leak points designed.
- Nonmetal contact with PET bottle threading to decrease stress and wear.
- Over 20 years experience in the home beverage carbonation market.
- Lifetime replacement guarantee.
- The metal cap has no design safety features making it extremely dangerous to use.
- There is no manufacturing support for the metal caps on the market.
- All metals with iron content will rust.
- No price difference or savings.
- Longevity of metal is nullified by replacement guarantee of the CarbaCap.
 Is there a CarbaCap that fits growlers?
 Can I install a tube in the CarbaCap to help carbonate liquids?
 At what PSI do I set for water carbonation?
- The liquid must be cold. Around 40-45°F (4.4-7.2°C)
- Pressure must be above 1 Atmosphere (14.6959 PSI) at sea level.
- Time. Liquids will absorb carbon dioxide (CO2) gas into carbonic acid over time.
 Is the CarbaCap compliant with California Health and Safety Code?
[R-1] Why are my new CarbaCap working better than my old ones?
Working with our molding and plastic provider we discovered that a new type of plastic known as K-Resin® would work with our mold and decrease the shrinkage and defects. This made the CarbaCap the correct size and fitted tightly within the injector and on the container. We feel that this will improve the quality of the CarbaCap and will help users maintain a good and tight seal. At first we jokingly we refer to this as Gütentite Technology™. However it's more than just a twist on an old product. This improvement will revolutionize the reliability of carbonating at home or at the industrial level. This new type of plastic should last for many years of reliable use. Even though the CarbaCap is fully warranted for life, this will give even more confidence in the reliability of our products.
K-Resin® is a registered trademark of Chevron Phillips Chemical Company